Category Archives: politics
News and Veiws
Since last post, lots of stuff going on.
In the parlance of The Simpsons, I got promoted to Brainiac at the Fruit. This means mo’ money, mo betta hours, and a 2 week training trip to either Cali or Texas. Of course, I want to go to Cali. But that is up to the gods. This is a job I’ve wanted for a very long time. Regardless of when or where I go, it will be a bit difficult. At most, I’ve only been away from the girls overnight -ever. While I’m on the left coast, I hope to take a weekend trip up to see Todd atImperial Tattoo in Portland. Be nice to get my forearms finished finally!
We still haven’t heard anything about Psycho Momia‘s ride. But we have mostly adjusted to not having it anymore. Through the kindness of a friend, we have unlimited use of a car, which takes a lot of the stress off.
We have also come to the conclusion that we won’t be able to send both girls to montessori in the fall. It’s just too much money. Oldest child will have to go to public school, where she will do fine, but maybe not learn as much or as easily. On the flip side, Psycho Momia is looking into possibly becoming a Montessori Teacher.
Coming up is an all night gaming session with Agrippa and Zen Bones. I am thoroughly looking forward to it.
In a fun backwards look, my last post about sex and the parent, stimulated (heh) some interesting conversations. That, and a couple of other things, brought us back to life. Naturally, due to the perverse nature of the universe, we are smashingly horny – and I’m sick, with the worst of it happening at night.
Sometimes, ya just can’t win.
Speaking of winning, Obama was sworn in the other day. Lots of money was wasted. lots of very powerful, yet empty crap was said, and the separation of church and state was again mocked. Meanwhile, politics continued on in it’s normal fashion. His administration reiterated that the bullshit telecom immunity will be upheld, as more info that the NSA basically raped the US datastream, building dossiers or everyone with a net or phone connection came out. He publishes info that says former lobbyists won’t be working in related offices, and yet, the nominee for deputy defense secretary used to work for Raytheon.
No bailouts have been killed, no pullouts have happened, more taxes are being proposed, more spending of money on useless shit is being planned.
Change. Yeah right.
A collection o’ reflections on elections
- Yea! No Republician President
- Boo! A Democrat President
- Landslide Electoral College Win
- Close popular vote: +/- 7,000,000 vote spread. We are not as “united” as some would have you beleive.
- McCain’s concession speech: Class.
- McCain supporters response: No Class (c’mon, folks – booing the opposition is so 6th grade.)
- Obama starting of his victory speech with a preacher? Yeah, so much for separation of church and state
- The apparent respect of the million or so people at Grant Park? kudos.
- Excellent use of crowd management tricks at Grant Park. Some very nice psycho-acoustics in use last night.
- That said, it was still a circus for the plebes.
Only time will tell if the new boss is the same as the old boss.
He preaches change – now it’s time to see if he’ll put his ass on the line to make change.